st: RE: Estimates save and lincom - Stata10

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Estimates save and lincom - Stata10
Date   Wed, 7 Nov 2007 18:56:28 -0000

I too would like to know a way around this problem. A possible immediate less-than-perfect fix might involve the -lincomest- package, downloadable from SSC using the -ssc- command. The -lincomest- package is like -lincom-, except that it saves -lincom- results as estimation results, which you can store and re-use.

For instance:

**** BEGINNING OF Stata COMMANDS

logistic c_use urban age child*
estimates save bangla1 , replace
lincomest urban+age, eform
estimates save lcbangla1, replace

logistic c_use urban age
estimates save bangla2 , replace
lincomest urban+age, eform
estimates save lcbangla2, replace

clear all

estimates use bangla1
estimates store bangla1
estimates use bangla2
estimates store bangla2
estimates use lcbangla1
estimates store lcbangla1
estimates use lcbangla2
estimates store lcbangla2

* the likelihood-ratio test works fine:
lrtest bangla1 bangla2

**** END OF Stata COMMANDS

After these commands, you can replay the lincomest estimation results lcbangla1 and lcbangla2, or output them to other media using estout, outreg, parmest etc.

I hope this helps. (I wouldn't mind knowing a more elegant way, though.)

Best wishes

Roger

Roger Newson
Lecturer in Medical Statistics