Statalist

Re: st: How to compare the performance of two random effects model?

From   Jeph Herrin <junk@spandrel.net>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: How to compare the performance of two random effects model?
Date   Mon, 05 Nov 2007 09:31:04 -0500

There are many aspects to "performance", including goodness
of fit. How you compare them depends on what sort model you
have and whether they are nested.

For example, to compare random effects logit models I typically
compare the C-statistics.

Perhaps you can provide more information about the models you
are comparing?

Jeph

maggiefu@umac.mo wrote:
Dear Statalisters,

Could anyone tell me how to compare the performance (e.g. goodness of fit)
of two random effects model in STATA 8?

Thanks and regards,

Maggie