st: re: inference on coefficients

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: re: inference on coefficients
Date   Sat, 3 Nov 2007 14:38:59 -0400

Ben said

I use xtabond two-step, but I got 'Warning: Arellano and Bond
recommend using one-step results for inference on coefficients'. Could
anyone help to explain why it comes like this and how I can solve the
problems please?

It is well known that the regular GMM standard errors in two-step estimation are biased, so that making inferences from those SEs may be unreliable. Thus Windmeijer developed the "Windmeijer correction" which reduces their bias. This is available with official Stata's - xtabond- if you specify the twostep and vce(robust) options. It is also available in the user-written -xtabond2-, where it is the default if twostep estimation is performed. -findit xtabond2- for details.

* For searches and help try: