Re: FW: st: new problem with table display

From   "Richard Ohrvall" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: FW: st: new problem with table display
Date   Thu, 1 Nov 2007 13:35:53 +0100

I think this discussion is drifting away somewhat. Of course I
recognise that figures are often presented with a level of detail that
is not really motivated given the statistical uncertainty or given
uncertainty of other kinds (non-sampling errors etc.) But the degree
of precision of the presented results depends of the specific
situation, sometimes we actually know the exact figures and other
times there might be some other reason to present exact figures, eg.
to keep consistency with other official figures. And there are
certainly occassions where we can present estimates with higher
precision than what -tab- gives us.

I really liked the story about the 1971 census in UK. Thank you for
that one, Nick.

Richard