RE: st: Test of ordered probit vs ordinary probits

Subject   RE: st: Test of ordered probit vs ordinary probits
Date   Wed, 31 Oct 2007 19:43:31 -0000

Richard,

Thanks for all this.  My motivation for asking, though, was partly to
see if I understood the FAQ and how these estimations work.  Put another
way, I suspect that the end of Bill's FAQ should be changed from

"with the constraint that the cofficients, but not the INTERCEPTS, are
equal."

"with the constraints that the cofficients, but not the INTERCEPTS, are
equal, and that /cut1 < /cut2."

Can you or somebody else comment on this and/or on the question I asked,
namely "Say we estimate two probits as above and test the constraint
that the coefficients are equal.  Can we interpret this test as a test
of probit vs. ordered probit?" ?

Here's hoping....

--Mark