Re: st: RE: return results from dstdize

From   Rosa Gini <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: return results from dstdize
Date   Wed, 31 Oct 2007 10:26:58 +0100

spec_stand, a small ado file working as an interface for dstdize, is available on ssc, and makes it much more natural producing lists of standardised/unadjusted rates with standard errors.

on the other side, distrate, also avilable on ssc, does the same thing but does not lie on dstdize, in particular it computes confidence intervals in a different way.

hope this helps,

rosa

=================================
Rosa Gini
Dottore di Ricerca in Matematica
Osservatorio di Epidemiologia
Agenzia Regionale di Sanita' della Toscana
Viale Giovanni Milton, 7
50129 Firenze
www.arsanita.toscana.it
Tel +39 055 4624341
Fax +39 055 4624345
=================================

> Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 06:35:58 +0000 (GMT)
> From: Maarten buis <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: st: RE: return results from dstdize
>
> - -- West Joe wrote:
>> I have carried out my dstdize command but would like to get hold of
>> the standard errors of the adjusted rates, either displayed or
>> saved. I am using version 9.2. I have tried
>>
>> dstdize ndths pops agegrp, by(year) using(european_pop.dta)
>>
>> return list
>>

>> The standardisation goes ok but the returned results look like the
>> output below. I was expecting the r(se) matrix to be a macro, and to
>> be the standard error I am looking for, according to the online help
>> but it seems not to be the case.
>
> The standard errors are not stored in a macro but in a matrix called
> r(se), so after -dstdize- you can access them using matrix commands,
> for instance -matrix list r(se)-. One of the first steps I do when
> dealing with these matrices is to create a new matrix without the
> brackets in its name: -matrix se = r(se)-.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Maarten
>
> - -----------------------------------------
> Maarten L. Buis
> Department of Social Research Methodology
> Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
> Boelelaan 1081
> 1081 HV Amsterdam
> The Netherlands
>
> visiting address:
> Buitenveldertselaan 3 (Metropolitan), room Z434
>
> +31 20 5986715
>
> http://home.fsw.vu.nl/m.buis/

> Want ideas for reducing your carbon footprint? Visit Yahoo! For Good http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/environment.html
* For searches and help try: