st: RE: RGB values of standard Stata colours

From   "Palmer, T.M." <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: RGB values of standard Stata colours
Date   Tue, 30 Oct 2007 22:53:02 -0000

Using a different approach, would using the color with an adjusted intensity be helpful? Something along the lines of,

twoway function x, lc(blue) || ///
	function .5*x, lc(blue*.5) || ///
	function 2*x, lc(blue*2)

cheers, Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: on behalf of RJ Harris
Sent: Tue 10/30/2007 10:42 AM
Subject: st: RGB values of standard Stata colours
Dear Stata users

Does anyone know where the RGB values for the standard _colorstyle_ colours
may be found?

I am trying to write a graph command that takes a user-specified standard
colour, with the output requiring slightly lighter/darker shades of this
colour. For example, so I can do this:

if "`color'" == "red"{
	local light = "255 50 50"
	local dark = "205 0 0"

I know how to do red of course, but what about forest_green, cranberry,

Better still, is there a function to get the values directly?

Best wishes,

Ross Harris
Department of Social Medicine
University of Bristol