st: RE: overid

Subject   st: RE: overid
Date   Tue, 30 Oct 2007 19:33:39 -0000

Orgul,

This is covered in all standard econometrics textbooks. The help file of
-ivreg2- has a short description, and the 2003 paper by myself, Kit Baum
and Steve Stillman (see the references section of the -ivreg2- help
file) discusses it.  In short, the null is that your instruments are
uncorrelated with the error, and rejection of the null suggests the
instruments aren't valid.  You don't reject the null, so - good news for
you!

Note, by the way, that in your output the Sargan stat reported by
-ivreg2- is identical to the first stat reported by -overid-.  Same
test.