st: -rollreg- and memory problems

From   Malcolm Wardlaw {msbbe073} <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: -rollreg- and memory problems
Date   Tue, 30 Oct 2007 09:24:36 -0500

I'm having a problem with the rollreg.ado command that I think I understand, but I don't quite know my way around it.

Whenever I try to run the command on a relatively large dataset, I end up with an error that declares:
"move of 'x' too large"

I'm guessing this has something to do with memory constraints and the way in which Stata writes to the dataset, but I don't know exactly how to get around it.  Can anyone help?