Re: st: -clogit-, -asclogit- and marginal effects

From   "Timothy Dang" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: -clogit-, -asclogit- and marginal effects
Date   Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:05:37 -0700

Richard-

Thanks for the reply. Just to be clear, you're saying that the
marginal effects computed by -estat mfx- after -aclogit- should be
correct because they're computed analytically?

In any case, I'm pretty sure at this point that I'm better off
computing the marginal effects myself. > Computing things at the mean
of the data is pretty useless in my case, so I'm going to compute the
means of the marginal effects.

Speaking of which, I wrote:
> Possibly related, The probabilities given:
> Pr(choice = 0|1 selected) = .03259311
> Pr(choice = 1|1 selected) = .00072116
> Pr(choice = 2|1 selected) = .85932034
> Pr(choice = 3|1 selected) = .10736539
>
> ...don't match the data at all. In fact, the fractions in the data are:
> choice = 1: .3059211
> choice = 2: .3695175
> choice = 3: .3190789

This is for the same reason, the probabilities given were the
predicted probabilities at the mean of the data, rather than the mean
of the predicted probabilities.

Thanks

-Timothy

Timothy O'Neill Dang / Cretog8