st: frailty in parametric models

From   James Cui <>
Subject   st: frailty in parametric models
Date   Mon, 29 Oct 2007 11:57:42 +1100

Dear Statalist,

As we know that the random effects (nu) can be calculated in Cox frailty model although the speed is slow for large datasets. However, is there is a way to calculate the corresponding random effects in parametric survival models?

Any suggestions about speed improvement in Cox frailty model is also appreciated. I am using Stata/SE 10.

James Cui, PhD MMed BSc (Stats)
Department of Epidemiology & Preventive Medicine
Monash University
Alfred Hospital Campus, 89 Commercial Road
Melbourne, Victoria 3004
Tel: 990 30570
Fax: 990 30556

* For searches and help try: