st: stacking horizontal data

From   John Bunge <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: stacking horizontal data
Date   Sat, 27 Oct 2007 19:31:48 +0200

Dear Statalisters,

I have a dataset that can be stylized as follows:

             2000 2001 2002
c1 c2     10     6       44
c1 c3     2       3       9
c2 c3     88     7       100

It displays bilateral trade data with the exporting country in the first and the importing country in the second column.

To create a dataset for panel estimations, I need to change it into the following arrangement:

c1 c2  2000   10
c1 c2  2001    6
c1 c2  2002   44
c1 c3  2000    2
c1 c3  2001    3
c1 c3  2002    9
c2 c3  2000   88
c2 c3  2001    7
c2 c3  2002  100

Any suggestion how to implement this transformation would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

John.

Erweitern Sie FreeMail zu einem noch leistungsstärkeren E-Mail-Postfach!
Mehr Infos unter http://produkte.web.de/club/?mc=021131