st: How to output results of a program in single-spaced text

Subject   st: How to output results of a program in single-spaced text
Date   Fri, 26 Oct 2007 20:43:31 -0300 (BRT)

Dear all,

I would like to know how to output a result of a program involving
strings. Please, find an example below , in which the variable "person" is
a string variable. The aim is to output these strings together with
numeric data (not shown). However, my current approach only allows one to
output data as a double-spaced text, whereas I wish to output data in a
single-spaced text to save space. Furthermore, I could not figure out a
solution searching  in manuals. If you have any tip, I will be very
grateful for your help.

Thanks to Maarten and Kit for their help on my old questions.

All the best,

set obs 10
input str20 person
Princess Diana
Bush Killīs Everybody
Michael & Children
Gordon Brown
Tony Blair
Castro IsDa Man
local N = _N
forvalues i = 1/`N' {
local ID`i' = abbrev(person[`i'],10)
 forvalues i = 1/`N' {
di in green _n _col(12)  %25s " `ID`i'' "  "{c |}"

The results will look like more or less like this:

                           Princess |

                               John |

                               Paul |

                               Bush |