st: RE: Running different running sums

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Running different running sums
Date   Fri, 26 Oct 2007 18:15:08 +0100

Sounds like

forval i = 1/30 {
	gen cusum`i' = sum(x) in `i'/30

Carlo Lazzaro
I would like to run  30 running sums concerning the number of blood
provided to a given set of patients with the data column reported below,
leaving one-out i per time. IOW, I would like to run a first running sum
with considering from i 1 to i 30; a second one including from i 2 to i
a third including from i 3 to i 30 and so forth, until the last 30th
sum, in which i 29 and i 30 should be included.

I have tried - gen ALFA=sum(x) - but I have lost myself with imposing
different (and unsuccessful) conditions to make it work out. User's
and programming were not helpful. Any hints welcomed as ever. Thanks a
for your kindness and for your time. Kind Regards, Carlo.