st: Creating Mean across panel variables

From   "Thomas Jacobs" <>
To   StataList <>
Subject   st: Creating Mean across panel variables
Date   Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:05:13 -0500

I have the following problem I have been unable to decipher.  I have a
panel of 200 firms with 5 years of trading data in the form of spreads
at various maturity points.  Suppose I wish to create a daily average
or median spread across all firms to produce a time series of average
and mean each day.  Can anyone suggest how to do that?  Thanks.