Re: Re: st: preserving missing values in collapse (sum)

From   n j cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: Re: st: preserving missing values in collapse (sum)
Date   Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:12:09 +0100

This response y has not so far appeared in the drama.
Where does it come from? The same dataset?

Either way, I think you might make progress by
checking out -reshape-.

Melonie Sullivan

Okay, so far so good, thanks. But now how do I get
that information into a matrix of this form - one line
for each youth:

youthid y x1 x2 x3 x4 x5 x6
11      0 15 41  0  0  .  0
12      1  0  13 0  42 0 55

where y=dependent variable, x1=duration if group=1,
x2=duration if group=2, etc. If I take your solution,
then generate x1, x2...., and do a -list- I still get
a 6x6 matrix of x for each youth that looks like this:

youthid x1  x2  x3  x4  x5  x6
11      15   .   .   .   .   .
11      .   41   .   .   .   .

< intermediate posts>