st: Overall title on bygraphs

From   "David Elliott" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Overall title on bygraphs
Date   Fri, 19 Oct 2007 09:56:44 -0300

I want to have an overall title on a 3x4 bygraph and have searched for
a way to do this.  Use of title() results in the title being place on
every bygraph.  I have resorted to the following kludge:

tw histogram k_comb_paid, freq by(month, note("")) width(5)
xtitle("Income Distribution ($1,000s)")
graph combine Graph,  t1title("Monthly Income Distribution by Month,"
"fiscal 2006-2007") ///
  note("Incomes were summarized by month for each physician," "then
the distribution of monthly incomes was plotted")

This means, of course, that the entire graph has to be re-rendered
and, trust me, it more than doubles the amount of time necessary.  I
apologize if this is in some obvious place in the manuals, but as you
know, the graphing section kind of jumps all over the place at times
and you don't always end up where you need to be...

--
David Elliott