st: Graph export: Greek symbols in eps

From   "Corten, R. (Rense)" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Graph export: Greek symbols in eps
Date   Thu, 18 Oct 2007 11:52:25 +0200

Dear Statalist,

I'm attempting to export a graph as eps, including some Greek symbols. I
managed to get Stata to display the greek symbols by coding something
like:

local ome = char(249)
label var transfer "(1-`ome')" ,
twoway scatter transfer.....,

and selecting a font in Graph Preferences that uses Greek ascii
encoding, such as HellasArial (I had to install this font in Windows
first). However, when I then export this graph as eps, the Greek
characters are lost and the symbols according to the 'default' ascii
encoding are inserted instead. I guess I should use a different font
when exporting to eps using the fontface option, but which? How do I
find out which fonts are available for use in fontface anyway? I already
searched the statalist archives but didn't get any further, maybe
someone has solved this issue in the meantime?

Any advice?

Best, Rense

Department of Sociology/ICS
Utrecht University