Re: st: Profit efficiency

From   "Pavlos C. Symeou" <>
Subject   Re: st: Profit efficiency
Date   Wed, 17 Oct 2007 10:35:35 +0100

Dear Raulin,

as far as I know, you can estimate Profit Efficiency using A Cost Function Cobb-Douglas model. Because of the duality of the Cobb-Douglas function estimating having Cost as your dependent variable is similar to having Profits.

I hope this helps,

Raulin Lincifort Cadet wrote:

Hi Everybody,

I have to estimate profit efficiency. Please, would you tell me if I may use Stata as if I was estimating technical efficiency in order to get Profit Efficiency Estimates?

Best Regards,