Re: st: programming graphs in stata

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: programming graphs in stata
Date   Tue, 16 Oct 2007 21:48:01 +0100 (BST)

--- n j cox <> wrote:
> On spineplots, snap! I've picked up my pen, or rather opened
> up Stata, to think about writing a spineplot program about
> three times, and got no further than thinking a little
> about strategy. The crucial detail appears to be is that
> -twoway bar- doesn't let you vary bar width. Thus you
> would, so far as I can see, need to superimpose as many
> distinct -twoway bar-s as there were distinct bar widths,
> and probably more (because you might want some that were
> otherwise different). That sounds like a bad idea. Thus
> I am led to surmise that you would be better off, for any
> program with pretensions to generality, with something like
> -twoway area-. It must be possible, but it doesn't
> sound quite trivial, unless I'm missing some trick.

I have written a program -seqlogitdecomp- requiring similar approach. I
use a lot of -twoway rarea-s. This program is part of the -seqlogit-

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081