st: re: 2sls in case the endogenous is nonlinear

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: re: 2sls in case the endogenous is nonlinear
Date   Sun, 14 Oct 2007 15:52:22 -0400

Carmine said

I would like to estimate a following equation:

y1 = x1 + x1*c + x2 + e1
where: "c": 0,1; and "x1" is explained by x3, x4, x5....

where x1 is an endogenous variable. "ivreg" separates "[varlist1]" of
exogenous variables from "(varlist2 = varlist_iv)" of endogenous and
instruments. However, it is unknown to me the way (the commands) to
implement the dummy variable "c" in the equation. I would find the same
obstacle with a system of equation, in case "x1" would be the other
dependent variable. Could somebody help me with a concrete example? Thanks
very much in advance.

As indicated in many Statalist postings by Mark Schaffer and myself, - ivreg2-, -ivreg- or -ivregrress- is perfectly capable of generating consistent estimates of this equation's parameters. You could also use something like -cdsimeq- (findit cdsimeq-) but that would place a specific form on the auxiliary equation.

* For searches and help try: