Re: st: date and time

From   Ali Khashan <>
To, Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: date and time
Date   Fri, 12 Oct 2007 22:13:40 +0100

Thanks Maarten, I am still using Stata 8. Is there a code in stata 8?

Many Thanks

Quoting Maarten buis <>:

--- Ali Khashan <> wrote:
I want to format a date variable.
I tried these codes:
gen nDate=date(sDate, "dm19y")
format nDate %dD_m_CY

However they did not work and then I realised that the dates included
"03/02/2005 00:00".

Is there a stata code which can deal with this date?
Yes, this was introduced in Stata 10, see: -help date and time-.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081