st: R: RE: Performing a metanalysis on sensibility and specificity

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: R: RE: Performing a metanalysis on sensibility and specificity
Date   Fri, 12 Oct 2007 18:44:01 +0200

Dear Steve,
thanks a lot for your kind and prompt suggestion.

It was really helpul and cheered me up since I was near to start feeling
down in the dumps with my way of posting to Statatlisters( my reply score is
not that high, currently!).

Kind Regards,

Carlo

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Per conto di Steve Pitts
Inviato: venerd� 12 ottobre 2007 17.51
A: [email protected]
Oggetto: st: RE: Performing a metanalysis on sensibility and specificity

Carlo,

You can find a very nice powerpoint summary of both diagnostic test
meta-analysis concepts and their implementation using Stata, downloadable at
http://ideas.repec.org/p/boc/asug07/4.html. The Stata program that does this
is called -midas- but I could not find it with -findit-, instead try
http://econpapers.repec.org/paper/bocasug07/4.htm, though I've not yet used
it myself.

Cheers

Steve Pitts