R: st: Performing a metanalysis on sensibility and specificity

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   R: st: Performing a metanalysis on sensibility and specificity
Date   Fri, 12 Oct 2007 16:33:29 +0200

Dear Tom,

thanks a lot for your kind reply.

I will follow your advice about taking a look to the archive.

Kind Regards,

Carlo
-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Per conto di Tom Trikalinos
Inviato: venerd� 12 ottobre 2007 16.09
A: [email protected]
Oggetto: Re: st: Performing a metanalysis on sensibility and specificity

There are many things to consider to choose the appropriate
meta-analytic approach for diagnostic test evaluation.

You do not even allude to critical and needed info on the nature of
the problem; therefore I dare suggest your seeking advice from someone
with some expertise in clinical research methodology (most
importantly) and meta-analysis (secondarily).

That being said you can do a lot in Stata for meta-analysis of Dx
tests. Searching the archive would be very helpful.

tom

On 10/12/07, Carlo Lazzaro <[email protected]> wrote:
> Dear Statalisters,
>
> I would like to run a metatanlysis comparino different clinical trials
which
> report different resulta in terms of specificit� and sensibiity for two
> different diagnostic procedure.
>
> I have just downloaded the package of meta commands for Stata 9/SE and the
> related .pdf chapters from www.systematicreviews.com, as suggested by
Svend