Re: st: Controlling output in Results window and/or in log file

From   "Svend Juul" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Controlling output in Results window and/or in log file
Date   Fri, 12 Oct 2007 11:47:34 +0200

Hugh wrote:

My do file has a lot of code and I only want to see some regression
results which are somewhere in the middle. It is quite tedious to go
through the log file to get to what I want. The added complication is
that the do file code refers to several STATA (and other) files from
time to time; otherwise I could just re-run the regression at the end
of the code.

Is there any way I could just see the particular regression code and
results in the Results window and/or log file?

Rich pointed to -quietly-. Note that you can:

      code that you want to see
   quietly {
      code that you don't want to see
      code that you don't want to see
      code that you don't want to see
      code that you don't want to see
      code that you don't want to see
   }
      code and output that you want to see

Another possibility is to turn the log off and on; it affects the
log file, but not what is shown in the Results window:

   log using ....
      code that you want to see
   log off
      code that you don't want to see