Re: st: Identifying regions within a cross-section with Stata

From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Identifying regions within a cross-section with Stata
Date   Thu, 11 Oct 2007 13:27:51 +0200

Hello Erasmo,

you may want to have a look at cluster analysis, which is a scientific
way of separating data into clusters of "similar" objects. Some of the
methods will automatically choose the number of clusters based on your
data. Note that it will be increasingly hard to plot the data if you
come from 2 dimensions to higher dimensions, so graphical
representation might not be as convincing as formal analysis. Stata is
capable to perform some of the standard cluster analysis procedures.

Best regards,
   Sergiy Radyakin