Re: st: calculating nearest neighbors; looping back to the beginning of observations

From   "Sarah Cohodes" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: calculating nearest neighbors; looping back to the beginning of observations
Date   Wed, 10 Oct 2007 23:45:06 -0400

Austin,

Many thanks as usual for your guidance (and for the reminder that the
earth is not flat!).  I think the easiest way to make this method work
for me is going to be to create two datasets to facilitate comparing
each observation to every other observation.

As for the first 100: it was an arbitrary designation of
"neighborhood" -- already have thought about weighting, but first
wanted to slog through the matching.  Some sort of weight is more
logical.  I'll investigate your paper for ideas along those lines.

Thanks again,
Sarah