st: Obtaining variable-specific p-value from -estat phtest-

From   "Peter Jepsen" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Obtaining variable-specific p-value from -estat phtest-
Date   Wed, 10 Oct 2007 12:22:56 +0200

Dear Carlo,

Oh, sorry. I should have explained more carefully. I realize that the
p-value is shown when I run my example. But I am doing a study where I
repeat a Cox-model 10,000 times, each time drawing matched pairs at
random from a large population. My model includes an exposure and
several confounders. I am using -postfile- to generate a new dataset
that contains the coefficient for my exposure from each of the 10,000
runs, but I would also like it to contain the p-value for the test of
proportional hazards for my exposure. I am less concerned with
proportional hazards for my confounders. Therefore, I need to obtain the
p-value for 'exposure' in my example below in a more automatic manner.
And, as I wrote, -estat phtest- leaves behind only the chi2 and df for
the GLOBAL test.

Best regards,
Peter.