st: re: how do people learn Stata?

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: re: how do people learn Stata?
Date   Mon, 8 Oct 2007 08:52:09 -0400

Seyi says

I've been using Stata for over a year now, but I
basically started with a copy of Stata 8, googled for help files (found
a good pdf by Svend Juul) to help with the basics. Necessity also played
a large part- I learnt the commands for the types of regressions, graphs
etc that I needed without knowing too much of the background programming
- or the stats. I can't yet write commands either as I haven't needed
to, but I've now googled for more help files on stata programming...

He might find this useful:
An extended version of that talk appears as Appendix B of the book cited below.

* For searches and help try: