st: R: RE: Simple tab needed but multiple records+How do people learn Stata

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: R: RE: Simple tab needed but multiple records+How do people learn Stata
Date   Sun, 7 Oct 2007 23:49:08 +0200

Dear Nick,

you are as usual right.

I tried to reply to Joseph' thread making (probably too) basic assumption.

However, at the beginning of the current year when I started using Stata (as
Statalisters may know I am an Italian health economist, not that experienced
in statistics, by the way) I was not able to even figure out such a trivial
posting.

Even though it may sound like an advertising stunt, using Stata and the
invaluable chance to address some questions to more experienced Statalisters
changed to a remarkable extent the way I am now approaching researching and
consulting in health economics.
Besides, I do enjoy using Stata as well as this "thinking outside the box"
-with respect to my recent "quantitative past"- that Stata supports.

May my humble experience contribute to the surely endless story on "How do
people learn Stata?".

Kind Regards,

Carlo a