st: from Gauri (posting troubles) re positive log-likelihood

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: from Gauri (posting troubles) re positive log-likelihood
Date   Sun, 7 Oct 2007 13:19:21 -0400

Dear Stata list,

I am running the -frontier- command on a cobb douglas specification for a production function
using plot level data for a cross section of farmers. Sugarcane output on each plot is my dependant variable and my indepedents consistent of inputs such as land, labour, fertiliser, irrigation etc.

I get the following value for the Log likeihood = 97

How can I interpret this?

I understand that a positive log likelihood is not unknown when the dependant variable is continuous which is true for my case.

However, I am stuck with the interpretation and can't express it in words.

Looking forward t your advice.

(Ms.) Gauri

* For searches and help try: