Re: st: line patterns within Kaplan Meier

From   "Svend Juul" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: line patterns within Kaplan Meier
Date   Sun, 7 Oct 2007 09:48:49 +0200

Michael McCullloch wrote:

With the data I am using, variables A and B have
values of 0/1. The following KM graph:

sts graph if stage==5, by(A B) lpattern(-) xtitle("Survival time in months") l2title("Percent surviving") xmtick(0(10)150)

shows a plot in which the lines for the four different
A/B combinations show in green, brown, blue dash
and black, but without any command from me.

Is it possible to specify that each A/B combination
have a specific line pattern and color?

If you want lines to differ in pattern rather than color,
you might benefit from the unofficial -lean- schemes which
give plain black-and-white graphs:

   findit lean scheme

Otherwise you can:

   sysuse cancer
   stset studytime, failure(died==1)
   sts graph, by(drug) ///
      plot1opts(lpattern(l) lcolor(black)) ///
      plot2opts(lpattern(-) lcolor(black)) ///
      plot3opts(lpattern(dot) lcolor(black))

Hope this helps
Svend

Svend Juul