Re: st: Re: missing dummy variable

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Re: missing dummy variable
Date   Thu, 4 Oct 2007 22:20:23 +0100 (BST)

--- Dohan Kim <> wrote:
> I'm running cross-sectional time-series with AR(1) serial correlation
> using xtregar, fe. I want to run the model without constant, but
> STATA doesn't have noconstant option after xtregar. Is there any way
> I can suppress constant manually?

Typically you do not want to exclude the constant with -xt- commands,
especially if you are doing them as a random effects model. I am not
sure about the fixed effects models, though.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081