st: St: How do fit a cox PH model for categorical outcome variable with 3 levels in the same model

From   "Sharon Johnatty" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: St: How do fit a cox PH model for categorical outcome variable with 3 levels in the same model
Date   Wed, 3 Oct 2007 11:22:37 +1000

Hello, I've just joined your group and I'm working with survival time
data in STATA v.9

I've stset my data and I'm able to run cox models, no problem.  The
question is how do I obtain HRs for an outcome variable with three
levels, e.g. var_1_2  coded 0, 1, 2 in the same model, and obtain
separate estimates for 0 vs. 1 and 0 vs. 2.  Right now I'm able to do
this using  stcoxkm, by(var_1_2), then type stcox.  But Stata does not
allow me to run an adjusted model in this way. Is there another way to
fit a single model for a categorical variable with more than 2 levels
for both univariate and multivariate cox regression?

Thanks
Sharon