st: ivreg with random effects GLS using cross-section data

From   Renuka Metcalfe <>
Subject   st: ivreg with random effects GLS using cross-section data
Date   Tue, 2 Oct 2007 12:04:10 +0100 (BST)

Hi Justina

Thanks. Is xtivreg appropriate given my dataset is
cross-section? Note my dependent variable is
continuous and the only endogenous variable (i.e., I
have only one endogenous variable) is binary.
Given this is doing something like the following more

ivreg Y x1 x2 x3 (x3=the instrument for this)

Please confirm if this is correct.

Many thanks in advance

the help files of -ivreg- and -xtivreg- and -ivreg2-
give you the answer.