st: Do 2sls, ivreg etc. test the rank condition of identification?

From   Thomas Cornelissen <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Do 2sls, ivreg etc. test the rank condition of identification?
Date   Tue, 02 Oct 2007 09:55:09 +0200

I am wondering how Stata would react if I trid to estimate an unidentified equation of a simultaneous equations model.

I tried it out, and got "Equation is not identified -- does not meet order conditions".

Do -2sls-, -3sls- and -ivreg- also test the rank condition? (In case the order condition is met, but not the rank condition.)
In any case, I imagine I wouldn't get any estimation results if the model is not identified. So, at least implicitly the rank condition must be checked.

Or should a separate command for that be used, such as -ranktest- ?
*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/