Re: st: How to append one graph to another

From   "Sebastian F. B�chte" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: How to append one graph to another
Date   Sat, 29 Sep 2007 16:56:14 +0200

Steve

to follow-up on my last message, I found some time today to write a
little "quick&dirty" (basically no documentation provided!)  vba
module (MS Word 2002) which allows you to select a path and afterwards
the program will paste all image files (*.tif, *.gif, *.png, *.jpg,
*.jpeg) into your current word document.

You will have to copy the following lines into a vba module of your
Word document and afterwards you have to run the macro named
"ImportImageDir". I hope this is helpful. Feel free to use, share and
copy it. Please note, you are using the vba program at your own risk.
I will take no responsibilty for any damage which could possibly arise
from using this vba program.

' copy from here
' macro to import all images from a selected path
' created with MS Word 2002
Sub ImportImageDir()
    Dim fd As FileDialog
    Dim fs As FileSearch
    ' ff holds all considered extensions for image files
    Dim ff As New Collection
    ff.Add ("tif")
    ff.Add ("jpg")
    ff.Add ("gif")
    ff.Add ("jpeg")
    ff.Add ("png")
    ' Create FileDialogObject for selection of Folder
    ' which contains the graphs for the multiple import
    Set fd = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFilePicker)
    With fd
        .Title = "Please select folder for image file import..."
        .Filters.Delete (1)
        .Filters.Add "Images", "*.tif; *.png; *.gif; *.jpg; *.jpeg"
        If .Show() = -1 Then
            ' user chose folder and pressed "ok"
            Set fs = Application.FileSearch
            For Each ffilter In ff
                With fs
                    .LookIn = CurDir()
                    .FileName = "*." & ffilter
                    If .Execute(SortBy:=msoSortByFileName, _
                            SortOrder:=msoSortOrderAscending) > 0 Then
                        MsgBox "There were " & .FoundFiles.Count & " " & _
                                ffilter & "-file(s) found."
                        For i = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count
                            ' import all files of current extension
into word document
                            Selection.InlineShapes.AddPicture FileName:= _
                                    .FoundFiles(i), LinkToFile:=False, _
                                    SaveWithDocument:=True
                        Next i
                    Else
                        MsgBox "There were no " & ffilter & "-files found."
                    End If
                End With
            Next
        End If