st: Update to -estout- available from SSC

From   "Ben Jann" <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Update to -estout- available from SSC
Date   Fri, 28 Sep 2007 21:07:03 +0200

Thanks to Kit Baum, an update to the -estout- package is
available from the SSC archive. -estout- provides tools to
produce regression tables.

To install the update, type

 . ssc install estout, replace

or use the -adoupdate- command.

Main changes:

o -esttab- has a new -onecell- option to combine point
  estimates and t-statistics (or standard errors, etc.)
  in a single table cell. This option is especially useful
  in RTF (Word) or HTML mode (a line break is inserted
  between the combined statistics in these modes).

o -estout- can now handle e()-matrices with multiple rows.
  This is useful, e.g., if you want to tabulate bias
  corrected bootstrap confidence intervals, which are
  returned in a two row matrix called e(ci_bc). The syntax
  to address a specific row is name_#, where # is the row
  number. For example, type -cells(ci_bc_1 ci_bc_2)- to
  tabulate the BC bootstrap intervals. This functionality
  is only active if no e(name_#) matrix exists in the
  estimation set.

o -estout- now has a -labcol2()- option to add a second
  column containing labels in the left stub of the table.
  This is useful, for example, to insert a column containing
  information on the hypothesized directions of the effetcs.

o -estout- now has a -topfile()- and a -bottomfile()- option
  to add text from files on disk to the top and bottom of
  the table.

o The "." character can now be used in -estout-'s -cells()-
  option to insert "null" elements (empty cells).

o The "&" character can now be used in -estout-'s -cells()-
  option to combine elements in a single cell. There is a new
  -incelldelimiter()- option to specify the string to be
  printed between the combined elements.

o Display formats in -estout- and -esttab-: "%g" or "g" can
  now be used in place of "%9.0g", "a" can be used in place
  of "a3"

o -estadd- now has more flexible syntax with respect to
  adding matrices and scalars:

  -estadd r(name)- now adds in e(name) the contents of
  r(name) to the estimation set, where r(name) may be a
  scalar or a matrix.

  -estadd matrix name = ...- now accepts matrix expressions.

  -estadd matrix matname- now adds a copy of matrix 'matname'
  in e(matname); -estadd matrix r(matname)- adds a copy of
  matrix r(matname) in e(matname)

  -estadd scalar scalarname- now adds the value of scalar
  'scalarname' in e(scalarname); -estadd scalar r(scalarname)-
  adds the value of r(scalarname) in e(scalarname)

Significant changes have been made to the core of estout.ado.
Although I did quite a bit of testing, I hope did not break anything.
I'd be happy if you let me know if you encounter any odd behavior.

ben