st: memory size 7 data merging

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: memory size 7 data merging
Date   Sun, 23 Sep 2007 23:36:37 -0400

Hello, all.

I'm trying to merging two data sets.
The size of one data set is about 53 MB (about 100,000 cases) and
another is 40MB (about 1,300,000 cases).
Memory is allocated to 670 MB.
Whenever I tried to merge two data sets, I got an error message
regarding memory as follows:

"no room to add more observations
    An attempt was made to increase the number of observations beyond
what is currently possible.  You
    have the following alternatives:
r(901);"

how can I solve this problem?
My laptop allow me only 675 Mb for STATA. Even though I compress my
data set, it does not work, because the size of the two data set have
not changed much.

Could you anyone help me to solve this problem?

Thank you very much in advance.

Charlie