Re: Re: st: levelsof

From   n j cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: Re: st: levelsof
Date   Fri, 21 Sep 2007 16:30:56 +0100

I like -levelsof- too.

This suggestion is interesting. I guess the problem is that
in practice it would bite as many users as it benefitted,
given the possibility of producing very long command lines
and/or problematic strings with double quotes or
compound double quotes.

(The -egen- function -axis()- here comes from -egenmore-
on SSC.)

Ulrich Kohler

This reminds me to place a wish regarding levelsof: I wish I had an
extended marco function  -levelsof-, so that I could code things like

forach k in `:levelsof country' {
}

or

egen axis = axis(price), label(make)
graph twoway scatter axis weight, ylab(`:levelsof axis', valuelabel)