st: Duration models: database preparation

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Duration models: database preparation
Date   Fri, 21 Sep 2007 13:39:27 +0100

Hello

I know my question has an obvious response to some of you but I need some insights. I'm preparing a database from a survey in which individuals report their labour market status (employed, unemployed, inactive, ...). My intent is to prepare this database to estimate duration models on dismissed individuals and analye the influence of some institutional changes on the duration of the unemployment spells.

I've been reading the book from Cleves et al. "An introduction to Survival analysis using STATA" and the book from Colin Cameron and Pravin Trivedi.

My question is the following: are the two following ways to organize the data produce equal? After stset the first stabase, commands like streg produce the same results in each of this cases.

1)

id date0 date1 event
1 05/05/2005 10/05/2005 1
1 11/05/2005 16/05/2005 1