st: sureg syntax

From   Lindsay Tuthill <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: sureg syntax
Date   Wed, 19 Sep 2007 21:41:30 +0100

Hello,

I've got a question about the syntax for sureg.  I'm trying to run a cost function and 3 share equations (so a total of four regressions) on pooled panel data at the moment.  I've written almost the same exact code for a 3-input system with a cost equation and 2 share equations and 18 constraints (to ensure parameter equality across equations, and for the adding up, homogeneity, etc constraints for a cost function), and that seems to work fine.  When I use the code below with the corresponding constraints defined as necessary, I get "invalid syntax" in response.  Does anyone have any thoughts about why that might be?  Thanks very much!!

Lindsay

sureg (cost var1 var2 var3 var4 var5 var6 var7 var8 var9) (share1 var1 var2 var3 var4 ) (share2 var1 var2 var3 var4 )/*
*/ (share3 var1 var2 var3 var4), constraints(19-46) isure