st: too many files for dirlist

From   "Carlos Eduardo Hernandez Castillo" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: too many files for dirlist
Date   Mon, 17 Sep 2007 16:37:20 -0500

Dear statalist community:

I have been using dirlist but it seems it has a maximum number of characters to retrieve in the return macros. For example, in a directory that contains the following files:

13areas.dta 7areas.dta Barranquilla.dta Bogota.dta Bucaramanga.dta Cali.dta Cartagena.dta Cucuta.dta Ibague.dta Manizales.dta Medellin.dta Monteria.dta NalECH.dta NalENH.dta OcupadosNacional.dta Pasto.dta Pereira.dta Proporciones.dta TotalesNacional.dta

"display r(fnames)" would retrieve:

13areas.dta 7areas.dta Barranquilla.dta Bogota.dta Bucaramanga.dta Cali.dta Cartagena.dta Cucuta.dta Ibague.dta Manizales.dta Medellin.dta Monteria.dta NalECH.dta NalENH.dta OcupadosNacional.dta Pasto.dta Pereira.dta Proporciones.dta TotalesNacional

I have been looking for an alternative to get the names of all the files but I have not been able to do so, do you have any idea? I am using Stata 9.2. Thanks in Advance.

Carlos Eduardo Hern�ndez Castillo
Colombian Ministry of Finance

Las mejores tiendas, los precios mas bajos, entregas en todo el mundo, YupiMSN Compras: http://latam.msn.com/compras/

*