Re: st: Marginal Effects: Logit Transformation

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Marginal Effects: Logit Transformation
Date   Wed, 12 Sep 2007 20:59:31 +0100 (BST)

--- "Ana R. Rios" <> wrote:
> I am using a logit transformation to estimate a model
> where the dependent variable is a proportion.  After
> estimating the model using OLS, how can I get the
> marginal effects and standard errors of the marginal
> effects?

It is better to either go for a beta regression using -betafit-
(downloadable from ssc) or use a fractional logit (-glm- with the
-family(binomial)- and -robust- options) as described in my
presentation at the UK Stata Users' meeting last year (for that and
more see: The
presentation also describes tools to get marginal effects for those

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081