st: FW: Assigning labels of 1 file into another file?

From   "Spiess, Sven Oliver" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: FW: Assigning labels of 1 file into another file?
Date   Wed, 12 Sep 2007 13:43:01 -0400

Hi Ziad,

In case you actually want to label variables not their values, I would probably
try
to work with (two) loops.

In the first data set you could use,
	foreach var of varlist _all {
		local `var'label : variable label `var'
	}

then add a command to open your new file and run something like,
	foreach var of varlist _all {
		label `var' `"``var'label'"'
	}

Nevertheless, this would only work if your variables are named identically.
If you want to do that in separate do files use global macros instead. Also
I'm not sure if that will work out with the quotes in the second loop but it's
worth a shot.

I hope this can lead into the right direction.

Best
Sven-Oliver