st: Sending signals to Stata under Linux

From   David Hadley <>
Subject   st: Sending signals to Stata under Linux
Date   Wed, 12 Sep 2007 12:08:47 +0100 (BST)

I'm using an Xserver to use Stata, running on a central server, on my
desktop (Windows). The desktop has gone into a state of limbo, so that
processes still appear to be running (email filters, VNC server) and also
my Stata processes are visible on the central server.

I want to tell the Stata processes to save and exit, hopefully using the
Linux -kill- command, with an appropriate signal.... but I don't know if
this is implemented in Stata, and what signal to send.