Re: st: xtmixed and SEM

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: xtmixed and SEM
Date   Tue, 11 Sep 2007 20:51:34 +0200

I don't know.
Recently, however, Bauer (2003), Curran (2003), and Mehta and Neale (2005) have shown how multilevel models can be fitted as structural equation models by treating the lower level units as indicators for latent variables involved in a multilevel model. By treating the macrolevel units as
the units of analysis and the microlevel units as indicators, the micro-macro multilevel model can be turned into a structural equation model that can be fitted by any structural equation modeling software package.

Bauer, D. J. (2003). Estimating multilevel linear models as structural equation models. Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics, 28, 135�167.
Curran, P. J. (2003). Have multilevel models been structural equation models all along? Multivariate Behavioral Research, 38, 529�569.
Mehta, P. A., & Neale, M. C. (2005). People are variables too: Multilevel structural equations modeling. Psychological Methods, 10, 259�284.

Nicola