st: [windows-1256] time variable year limit�

From   Alan Williamson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: [windows-1256] time variable year limit�
Date   Thu, 23 Aug 2007 15:22:27 +0000

Thank you Jenny and Nick.

I have two sets of panel data which is the same format, only the value is different. I just finished one set of the model testing. But the other set of the data could not work at all.

I got

. tsset id year
repeated time values within panel
r(451);

. isid id year
variables id year do not uniquely identify the observations
r(459);

Actually my data was sorted by id (panel-firms) and year (time variable-1990-2005). When I describe it, the data was sorted by id year. However, no matter what I do, it is not accepted at all. Please help.

Thank you again.

Alan.

I agree with Jenny than Alan's problem is unlikely
to arise from variable names. But it is not correct
that choice of variable names is absolutely free.
Name choice is constrained in terms of length
and characters allowed and the fact that certain
words are reserved.

Jenny Winkler