Re: st: predictions

From   Mike Lacy <>
Subject   Re: st: predictions
Date   Sat, 08 Sep 2007 11:50:27 -0600

>Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 10:03:27 +0200
>From: Johannes Geyer <>
>Subject: st: predictions
>Dear all,
>I would like to estimate a linear model with several interactions:
>reg y age age2 age3 age4 x1 x2 x3 x4 age*x1 age*x2 .... age4*x3 age4*x4
>Then I would like to compare results for different x, i.e. I have four
>groups (and a base category) and they may differ in their age-profile. >So far I used Excel to calculate different profiles but I it is very
>cumbersomely... That is why I am looking for a more convenient
>post-estimation command. (I think the spost package does something >similar for categorical variables.) ..... <snip, snip>

In general, the -spost- routines *do* work for continuous variable models.

Quoting from the documentation for -prtab-:
"After estimating a regression model, prtab presents a one- to four-way table of the predicted values (probabilities, rate) for different combinations of values of independent variable. The command works with cloglog, cnreg, [...], regress, [...] ."

Mike Lacy
Fort Collins CO USA
(970) 491-6721 office

* For searches and help try: