Statalist

Re: st: xtlogit vs. gllamm. large condition numbers and group variances: what do they mean?

From   "avwilson" <avwilson@web.de>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   Re: st: xtlogit vs. gllamm. large condition numbers and group variances: what do they mean?
Date   Sat, 8 Sep 2007 15:48:29 +0300

Dear Statalist,
Thanks very much for all  your help.
Stas Kolenikov asked if I was using DHS data, and it is not, but data I
gathered from 2 years in the village.  He also suggested –gllamm- was
probably not the right tool for me to use, but as a stata 9.2 user, I am not
sure what other command I could use.  Does he or anyone else have any
suggestions?
Maarten Buis kindly pointed me to some texts to answer my question on group
variance and random effects, but I am currently in Tanzania, with no access
to a library or a bookshop with a stats section, though I do have access to
the internet and JSTOR for papers.  Does anyone happen to know of any online
source that would help lift the clouds of ignorance?
I really appreciate the existence of statalist and all the help I receive
from it, so many thanks again.
With best wishes
Alexandra Wilson